The purpose of the Metro Citizens Police Academy Alumni Association (MCPAAA) is to provide the citizens of St. Cloud, Waite Park, Sauk Rapids, St. Joseph, and Sartell a better understanding of the dedication and integrity of their local police departments, and to participate in activities that contribute to the well-being of these communities.
Members meet monthly to share updates from the police departments and plan group activities, including:
- Coffee with a Cop – a monthly event that rotates between cities where residents can connect with officers.
- Annual Fundraisers – each year the MCPAAA raises funds to meet a particular need for one of the five member police departments.
- Department Support – the police departments ask members to provide assistance at special events such as security and traffic control.
- Training Opportunities – occasionally the group will host a speaker or attend a training in an area related to law enforcement and public safety.
- Academy Assistance – members of the Alumni Association coordinate meals and take photos for each new academy.
News and events are posted on our Facebook page. You do not need to be a member of Facebook to view the page.
The MCPAAA is a non-profit group. It does not engage in any political activities and it is a non-intervention association, meaning members are not commissioned law enforcement officers and do not conduct themselves as such. Any person who is a graduate of the Metro Citizens Police Academy is eligible for membership. The affairs of the Association are managed by a Board of Directors including the President, Vice-President, Treasurer, Secretary, and several Directors.